These are some venues and vendors that we love. Having been to so many weddings we can now see that there are some people that just go above and beyond to do things right…that’s why they’re on the list!
- The Fruitlands Museum (Harvard, MA) – The sunsets and the view that happen at the Fruitlands are absolutely breath taking–I still remember the first wedding that we went to up on the hill and as we drove higher and saw more of the gorgeous New England tree line we were giddy with excitement!
- Lord Thompson Manor (Thompson, CT)- This amazing little gem is so close to Massachusetts that it really hardly classifies at a Connecticut venue. The staff, the grounds, the balcony overlooking the ceremony site, and the fire pit make me want to have my wedding all over again just so we could hold it at Lord Thompson!
- The Charles Hotel (Cambridge, MA) – We’ve loved all of the weddings we’ve shot at the Charles–the staff is amazing and so detail oriented your wedding will seem effortless. My favorite part, though, is that you can have a intimate ceremony in the courtyard with a reception in one of the awesome restaurants, or a big ballroom wedding. The spaces around the hotel are versatile and perfect for capturing the city feel of Boston!
- The Liberty Hotel – The amazing lines, the catwalk, and the history of this Boston Hotel make it an amazing venue to say I do–the ballroom is full of fun contrast and I think my favorite part of this venue is the semi-circle drive where you can pull up in your limo, or your Bentley, and walk right into the hotel usually with a handful of people clapping and whooping their congratulations!
- Peabody Essex Museum – We are artists at heart so put us in a gorgeous museum with amazing lines and colors and we are immediately excited to create amazing images!
- Castle Hill Inn, Newport – Of all the Newport locations we have photographed (we started our business in Rhode Island which is where we were living when we were married) this is a favorite–the little beach, the light house, the amazing yellow walled getting ready suite, and the gorgeous fabric lined white tent take it above and beyond. Plus, there is something magical about the smell of the ocean…it gets me every time!
- Blithewold Mansion – The gardens, the bamboo grove, the Mansion itself, everything is beautiful about this place!
- Blue Rocks Catering – The food is not only delicious (and gorgeous) the staff is also super friendly and fast–double bonus!
- Two Chefs Are Better Than One – We shot a wedding for one of the Two Chef’s team members after working with them at an amazing July 4th wedding…you will not find a more helpful and caring catering company out there!
- The Cake Lady (Dianne Rockwell) – Both of my sisters used The Cake Lady–one was local, the other wouldn’t have any other cake and had Diane transport her cake three hours north to her wedding in Jackson, NH. I cannot get over how many flavors she offers, how amazingly moist they are (and we do eat a lot of wedding cake…you know, so we can make sure it isn’t poisoned), and how gorgeous they all turn out!
- Sin – Eatwicked.com – I love how absolutely creative these cakes are without being overpoweringly sugary and sweet–I still remember eating our wedding topper a year after and wishing it hadn’t been so sweet…wish I had known about Sin when I was married in 2006!
- DJ Patrick Lalley of South Shore Entertainment – DJ Patrick is amazing…he is kind, professional, plays some awesome lineups yet is respectful of your day and your wishes. He is hands down our favorite DJ in all of New England!
- Boston Players Band – This is a fun fun fun band that gets everyone up and dacing.
- First Class Band – This band is sheer engergy…they are classy, professional, talented and fun beyond belief!
- Men in Black Band – Want to feel like you’re at a concert on your wedding day? The Men in Black band will do it and do it with style!
- Anthony Healy – Awesome piano music for ceremony and cocktail hour!
- Flowers by Semia – Flowers don’t get bigger, better, and more beautiful than the ones that Semia puts together.
- Studio 539 – The flowers, the staff, the whole experience with Studio 539 leaves you with a warm and fuzzy feeling….recently a bride worked with them and cried when her flowers were dropped off not because they were so beautiful (which they were) but because she was so sad to lose the relationship she had with them all through the planning of her wedding.
- Kimberly Fosher Makeup – The leading makeup artisit in the area…she makes our job editing so much easier and she’s an amazingly fun person to work with and gets every nervous bride laughing and looking her best–no lie!!
- Simply Gorgeous by Erin – Erin is such a sweet heart and the airbrushing that she does blows my mind–she can transform you into the best you on the day of your wedding–I always tell my own daughter that less is more, I love how natural the brides are that walk away from Erin’s makeup chair!